Top Five Reasons to Live in Placer County
* The median price for a home in Placer County is $400,000, far less than our urban neighbors in Sacramento and the San Francisco bay area. With easy commuting to and from North Sac/Roseville, Placer County offers country living at an affordable price. With 115 public and 37 private school options, you can be sure and find the right fit for your family in Placer County.
* Placer County is home to the Auburn State Recreational Area and gateway to the majestic Sierra Nevada mountain range offering world class outdoor adventures. The landscapes of Gold Country offer miles of trails along scenic rivers, canyons, lakes and meadowlands. With the Tahoe National Forest in your backyard, there is easy access to world class snow and water sport activities. Placer County is home to the Big Trees Grove ~ the northernmost grove of Giant Sequoia in our state. There is always something calling you outdoors in Placer County!!
* Placer County is home to abundant wildlife; everything from birds and fish to mountain lion and bears. or the fishing enthusiasts, there are several reservoirs and rivers stocked with many varieties of bass and trout. Auburn and Meadow Vista are home to official bird sanctuaries which will satisfy bird watchers of any age.
* From Roseville to Lake Tahoe golfers have over 20 picturesque courses to choose from that will meet the needs of players at all levels. Off road enthusiasts have access to designated riding areas in both the foothills and the high Sierras. The city council of Auburn designated it “The Endurance Capital of the World” and hosts endurance events throughout the year for runners, hikers and equestrians alike.
* Placer County boasts year round events such as the Placer County Fair, Railroad Days and the Auburn Wine & Food Festival, to name just a few. An easy drive into Reno gives you access to annual events such as Hot August Nights and Street Vibrations, not to mention world class entertainment and gambling.
But let’s not stop there…. The 6th top reason to live in Placer County is the opportunity to work with Tami Hampshire at Foothill Properties. She brings conscious living and her knowledge of the area to you to find your perfect home in the foothills.